For The Market Hall project, the architects specified heritage materials and colours as part of the scheme as befitted its status as a Grade II listed building.
- Prepared existing rendering, filled using specialist Spachtel filler, applied Keim Royalan mineral paint system to walls, window surrounds and features such as coins in line with the Keim specification supplied for the works.
- Flexible satin finish (Sandtex eggshell) to all external metalwork, woodwork and windows.
- Applied emulsion (Crown white covermatt) via brush, roller & airless spray to ceilings & walls including the use of tower scaffolding to reach up to 5 metres.,/li>
- Applied undercoat & gloss (Crown) to all internal window boards.
- Internal doors were refurbished with specialist Zinsser primer prior to eggshell finish.
- 3 coats of Osmo oil were applied onto new oak wood skirtings and wall cappings.
- Clear sealant used on exposed brickwork & sandstone arch as specified by Keim
- Metal balustrades on the stairs were sprayed gunmetal grey (Crown eggshell )
- On the ground floor, spine beam and vertical stanchions were finished in class O fire protection and finished with top coat emulsion gunmetal grey. Details were picked out with red emulsion.